Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Making a Man out of Pink



{click photos to zoom, some have amazing details}

I recently asked if a pink room would go over well with your man. The answer was mostly a negatory. But, I thought, surely, this can work if done well? So, I did some sleuthing around for pink bachelor pads, and as I suspected, most of the accents are done in greys and earthy, leathery browns, and lots of animals. Some are quite over the top, but others could work with a few minor changes. Convinced? I asked my husband what he thought, and he gave the appropriate learned response, "I'm sorry, your right, those pants make you look great." (in other words, h* no!)

(note, not all of these rooms are bachelor pads, many of them are though!)




During the 1920's through 40's when color was first introduced into baby's dresses, baby boys wore pink and baby girls wore blue. Before the 20's babies wore white. This article here has some amazing scientific research why the color preference changed to what it is today, and why women are drawn to colors such as pinks and reds more than men (it has something to do with berries, no lie).


mark rigg

caradnonio-pink+bachelor+pad

VogueLiving-thomas+obrien+pink+bachelor+pad








pink+pad+david+alhadeff+new+york+time+feature




apartment therapy




herve vab derstraeten's pink bachelor pad


apartment therapy


the white house (red room)






windsor courtney smith




steve gambrel


apartment therapy


apartment therapy


drake design


nina campbell


house to home




domino






domino (yes, the walls are a soft pink)




apartment therapy










Truly though, if pink is alright in all of these scenarios, then you can tell your man that pink is just fine for him!


*brad pitt in pink suit, male model in pink polo, pink bottlenose dolphin


*pink john deere tractor, pink hummer limo, pink cat car


*pink storm trooper, pink storm trooper at G20 protest, pink darth vadar


*saddam hussein's pink room, solider in pink boxers in afghanistan gunfight, pink tank


*last but not least pink foosball table

Pink... the new boy power. Could you imagine purple? Which would be harder, do you think?

14 comments:

Anne said...

Those rooms are all so unique and pretty...but alas, I still don't think the old man would go for pink. Not anywhere.

Jill said...

Fabulous post!!!! my husband knew when he proposed he was going to have to learn to live with pink! He has done quite well I might add! :)
Blessings!
Jill

Chrisy said...

Oh my this is pink heaven! Love the pink red combo palette...and I could move right into that second room pic with the turquoise ceiling!

Unknown said...

Amazing pictures. And for the record, I think purple would be much harder.

Kristina P. said...

I think it takes a very strong man to be able to live or wear pink. And truthfully, if I walked into a pink bachelor's pad, I think I would run the other way!

Chantel Monet said...

How fun! Have you visited Nicole Balch's blog, makingitlovely? She uses a lot of pink in her home, and I'm always inspired. Very cute pos!

Anonymous said...

I just love all the pink and would love a pink room in my house! Though don't think the hubs would love it (unless maybe one of the girls rooms was pink, hmmmm). And that pink cat car is cool & pink dolphin...amazing!

Jamie :)

AiringMyLaundry said...

I am digging the pink.

I don't think my husband would go for it though.

Rebecca said...

I will always love pink! Those are some cool inspiration photos! I'm so GLAD I painted my room fuscia pink when I was 19 because that would never fly with my husband now! But at least I got to experience my love for pink in its full glory!

Little Lovables said...

I agree with a lot of you ladies! Many of these bachelor pads that are pink are high end designers, so they have a flair for offset beauty.

However, I think it's funny b/c I have walked into homes with so much floral and lace but no pink and cutesy cottage looking decor, that was way less manly than these rooms, but with the pink being the only feminine factor.

Interesting color perceptions!

KnockKnocking said...

It's surprising, some of those rooms actually look quite manly! Well done collecting so many!

xoxo
Agnes

DollsAndSpooks said...

i will definitely have my bedroom walls painted pink this december! hehehehe


charmedwishes18.blogspot.com

Gaia said...

lOVE THE PINK WALL!

Unknown said...

Graceful written content on this blog is really useful for everyone same as I got to know. Difficult to locate relevant and useful informative blog as I found this one to get more knowledge but this is really a nice one.
ออกแบบห้องพระ

Related Posts with Thumbnails