Sunday, August 23, 2009

Adventures Online

Photobucket

I am currently undertaking two new adventures that I am oh, so happy about.

The first, is my new family blog. As Little Lovables expands, it's time to create a distinct space for me to gather my mommyhood rants and relishes, family adventures, and such. It's called, Oh, Those Aarons! and I hope you come by to visit.

My second adventure, concerns Etsy (of course). I have been playing around for a while with graphic design and have been having so much fun with it! I still have a lot to learn, but with my new Little Lovables shop graphics kits, I am offering them at very low prices for people just starting out, but who still wants to get something a little bit funky and glamorous! What do you think of them? What themes/colors are you looking for in a banner?

Photobucket

As a seller mentor, one thing I always think of when I first come across a shop is their banner. I have heard it said, that if a seller can't put up a clean looking presentable banner, than their products/customer service can't be that great. Now, I know this isn't true for many of us, but I can see how a first impression of the shop is determined by the first thing the {potential} customer sees, your banner and avatar.

I will also compile a huge mentor list of advice soon, so if you have any questions (don't be afraid to ask, I've probably already heard it!) then let me know and I will try and address each one.

9 comments:

vivian said...

Ive been working slowly but surely trying to put an etsy shop together. My daughter is working on my banner. I do wish she would hurry up and finish it!!!
I may have questions for you later!
hugs
vivian

Lenae May said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog!
You have an adorable blog here...wonderful color!
Lenae

J+S said...

Thanks for your kind comments on my blog today! Love your blog. :)

~Jenifer

koralee said...

thanks for finding me...now I have found your lovely blog and am an excited follower....I adore your graphics...I would so like to learn how to do that and what I need to buy for my computer to have fun stuff happening on my blog...I really know nothing...any suggestions on a good graphic software? I am so excited to read some of your past posts...so off I go! Happy week to you!

yasmine said...

i love your headers! good luck on your new venture! xo

koralee said...

ahhhhh...thank you soooo much...I will give it a try...I have to start somewhere right? If I learned how to do this blog stuff I should be able to do some graphics...right? I so appreciate you! xoxo

KnockKnocking said...

I totally agree, I love a sharp looking banner, it just says fabulous.

Anonymous said...

I have stumbled upon your blog by chance, and am so happy I did! What a great blog!
Those banners look great, and I agree with you about the first impression issue. A banner that doesn't look right to me, will scare me away from a shop, I must admit!
Nice to meet you, I'll be back and I will follow ;)
Tali

Margaret Pearl said...

this blog is lovely. I'm totally with you on the banners-- it could be the graphic designer in me but stretched type makes me want to run for it ;) like your creations-- especially the fourth one down-- very simple with a touch of quirky.

Related Posts with Thumbnails